Public Financial Management
The financial sector is the heart of any vital economy, contributing to economic prosperity by providing credit for businesses to work, mobilizing savings, enabling risk management and accelerating commerce by facilitating payments and transfers. We are specialists in assisting governments in developing the processes and systems for improved public financial management outcomes. One of our most featured projects in public financial management include DfID’s Financial Management Reform Programme (FMRP), a flagship project undertaken by the Government of Bangladesh, which aims to create a long-term effect on the whole system of financial management. HB is able to draw on a pool of expertise consisting of highly qualified professionals to respond to financial sector projects and meet the specific needs of the clients.
Our services include:
- Developing recommendations for the phased introduction of a Medium Term Expenditure Framework (MTEF) approach to government budget preparation.
- Designing and implementing budget execution processes and systems including accounting and financial management, treasury and audit.
- Reviewing financial management legislation to set out the principles upon which a modern financial legislation framework should be based, and making recommendations for the modernization of the legislative framework for Public Financial Management.
- Strengthening of the various agencies of the government which are involved in external, domestic debt and liabilities management of a country, which includes review of debt data monitoring systems and formulation of debt policy.
- Assessing, designing and implementing financial MIS to build capacity and strengthen performance.
- Designing and implementing training programs in all areas of public financial management